The Royal Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Election Ideas

4 posters

Go down

Election Ideas Empty Election Ideas

Post  cradleoffilth04 Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:02 am

As The royal marines become The Royal Military and the cabinet ranks being dissolved into the branches, it is an idea that we have an elected figurehead (with alt presiding over the military as owner) to lead the Military

So heres the plan.
Every month the branches will elect its leader from the high ranking officers (via a poll on the forum) and this person will elad his/her branch for that month.
Also monthly or bi-monthly (i have not decided yet) the ENTIRE military will vote for the PM/DPM of TRM. (via the same methods) with the candidates being the incumbent (Current) PM and DPM And the 4 branch leaders.
The elected PM/DPM will be the 2/3ic of TRM for that month or Bi-Monthly Period.
At the next election the same will occur, the Incumbent PM/DPM can win a second term in office. But will not be eligable for another term
as you can only be PM/DPM for 2 terms IN A ROW maximum before having to spend AT LEAST 1 term back in your original branch.

Now FAQs
1) wont the employees of each branch favour thier own leader and vote for them as PM?
- Yes this is a possibility. But the thing is everyone still gets one vote. Also all candidates will have the oppourtunity to speak to other branches to get thier points across.
2) Wont the new PM/DPM favour thier own branch and neglect others?
- Possibly, but as being voted in as PM they will know that they are responsible for the entire military. Also with AltNet presiding over the pm and dpm he can overrule and prevent any legislation that will be unfair to any branch. Also if he doesnt show care for the entire military he/she can be voted out at the next election.
3) Wont there be a possibility of bribes becoming a problem?
- Yes it is a problm. BUT any candidate found of illegal malpractice will be FIRED effectively from TRM and AT LEAST be banned for life, from running for the role.

Ok this ois all the ideas i got so far. if you got any ideas or questions ill answer them as much as i can.
cradleoffilth04
cradleoffilth04
Veteran

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Election Ideas Empty Re: Election Ideas

Post  Destroyed, Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:43 am

I'm sorry to say that I dont like the idea. This gives power to those who are popular with the staff rather than those who have experience and can do the job. By keeping the admin power base Kieron can ensure that he has senior staff who know what they are doing and that he can trust.
Destroyed,
Destroyed,

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post  cradleoffilth04 Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:47 am

Destroyed, wrote:I'm sorry to say that I dont like the idea. This gives power to those who are popular with the staff rather than those who have experience and can do the job. By keeping the admin power base Kieron can ensure that he has senior staff who know what they are doing and that he can trust.

Yeh but to be a candadate for the election, you have to be a senior memebr of TRM anyways so youll be experienced and prove you can do it...
cradleoffilth04
cradleoffilth04
Veteran

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:56 am

I might be wrong, havent been on in a few, but surely kie would be that? lol

Correct me if Im wrong of course
Ben
Ben