The Royal Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Medals to be implemented

3 posters

Go down

Medals to be implemented Empty Medals to be implemented

Post  AltNet Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:09 pm

Grade 1 Awards

Security Ribbon
Awarded for showing good gate guarding skills.
Awarded by 2LT+
(To be awarded at HQ.)
Symbol: Alt + 0190

Moderation Ribbon
Awarded for showing good moderation skills.
Awarded by 2LT+
(To be awarded at HQ.)
Symbol: Alt + 0171

Recruitment Ribbon
Awarded for showing good recruitment skills.
Awarded by 2LT+
(To be awarded at HQ.)
Symbol: Alt + 0174

Parade Ribbon
Awarded for showing good BDT and ADT skills.
Awarded by 2LT+
(To be awarded at HQ or Drills Hall.)
Symbol: Alt + 0178

Grade 2 Awards[/size]

The Purple Heart

Medals to be implemented Purple

Awarded when a soldier's account receives a ban that lasts over a 30 day period.
(To be awarded at HQ or at ceremonies.)
Awarded by General+

Description: The Purple Heart is awarded in the name of the President of the United States to any member of an Armed Force who, while serving with the U.S. Armed Services after 5 April 1917, has been wounded or killed, or who has died or may hereafter die after being wounded.

The Defense Distinguished Service Medal

Medals to be implemented Doddistsrv

Awarded for outstanding Infantry work.
(To be awarded within meetings, HQ or at ceremonies.)
Awarded by the Director of Marine Warfare only

Symbol: Alt + 0187
Description: The Defense Distinguished Service Medal is awarded for exceptionally distinguished performance of duty contributing to national security or defense at the highest levels while assigned to a joint activity. The DDSM may also be awarded to other senior officers whose direct and individual contributions to national security or defense are recognized as being so exceptional in scope and value as to be equivalent to contributions normally associated with positions encompassing broader responsibilities.

Meritorious Service Medal

Medals to be implemented Meritserv

Awarded for outstanding Intelligence work.
Awarded by the Director of Marine Intelligence only

Symbol: Alt + 0145
Description: Awarded to members of the Armed Forces of the United States who distinguished themselves by outstanding non-combat meritorious achievement or service to the United States subsequent to 16 January 1969. Normally, the acts or services rendered must be comparable to that required for the Legion of Merit but in a duty of lesser though considerable responsibility.

Naval/Marine Overseas Service Ribbon

Medals to be implemented Armyoseas

Awarded for outstanding Liaison work.
Awarded by the Director of Marine Liaison only

Symbol: Alt + 0177
Description: The Naval/Marine Overseas Service Ribbon is awarded to all members of the Active Marine Corps, Marine Corps National Guard, and Marine Corps Reserve in an active Reserve status for successful completion of overseas tours if the tour is not recognized by the award of a service or campaign medal.

Good Conduct Medal

Medals to be implemented Goodcond

Awarded for outstanding conduct.
Awarded for outstanding Military Police work.
Awarded by the MPCO and Colonel+

Symbol: Alt + 0169
Description: The Good Conduct Medal is awarded for exemplary behavior, efficiency, and fidelity in active Federal Military service. It is awarded on a selective basis to each soldier who distinguishes himself from among his/her fellow soldiers by their exemplary conduct, efficiency, and fidelity throughout a specified period of continuous enlisted active Federal military service. Qualifying periods of service include each three years completed after 27 August 1940 or, for first award only, upon completion of at least one year upon termination of service if separated prior to three years. The immediate commander must approve the award and the award must be announced in permanent orders.

[size=medium]Grade 3 Awards[/size]

Distinguished Service Cross

(To be awarded at ceremonies only)
Awarded by General+

Medals to be implemented Distservcross

Symbol: Alt + 0132
Description: The Distinguished Service Cross is awarded to a person who, while serving in any capacity with the Marine Corps, distinguishes himself or herself by extraordinary heroism not justifying the award of a Medal of Honor; while engaged in an action against an enemy of the Unites States; while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing/foreign force; or while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing Armed Force in which the United States is not a belligerent party. The act or acts of heroism must have been so notable and have involved risk of life so extraordinary as to set the individual apart from his or her comrades.

Medal of Honor

Medals to be implemented Moh

(To be awarded at ceremonies only)
Awarded by the Commander of the Marine Corps only

Symbol: Alt + 0133
Description: The Medal of Honor is awarded by the President, in the name of Congress, to a person who, while a member of the Marine Corps, distinguishes himself or herself conspicuously by gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his or her life above and beyond the call of duty while engaged in action against an enemy of the United States; while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force; or while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party. The deed performed must have been one of personal bravery or self-sacrifice so conspicuous as to clearly distinguish the individual above his or her comrades and must have involved risk of life. Incontestable proof of the performance of the service will be exacted and each recommendation for the award of this decoration will be considered on the standard of extraordinary merit.

-------

Here are the signature codes/previews:

Medals to be implemented ArmyOverseasServiceRibboncopy
Code:
[IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p80/dynasty361/ArmyOverseasServiceRibboncopy.jpg[/IMG]

Medals to be implemented DistingushedServiceCrosscopy
Code:
[IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p80/dynasty361/DistingushedServiceCrosscopy.jpg[/IMG]

Medals to be implemented GoodConductMedalcopy
Code:
[IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p80/dynasty361/GoodConductMedalcopy.jpg[/IMG]

Medals to be implemented MedalOfHonorcopy
Code:
[IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p80/dynasty361/MedalOfHonorcopy.jpg[/IMG]

Medals to be implemented Meritoriousservicemedalcopy
Code:
[IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p80/dynasty361/Meritoriousservicemedalcopy.jpg[/IMG]

Medals to be implemented TheDefenceDistinguishedServiceMedal
Code:
[IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p80/dynasty361/TheDefenceDistinguishedServiceMedal.jpg[/IMG]

Medals to be implemented Purpleheartcopy
Code:
[IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p80/dynasty361/purpleheartcopy.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by AltNet on Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

AltNet
Prime Minister

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.theroyalmarines.forum.st

Back to top Go down

Medals to be implemented Empty Re: Medals to be implemented

Post  JackRose Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:14 pm

I like this idea a lot. It would create another incentive to work, rather than just promotions. It's also a lot more specific than general which gives things more variety. As I've said, good idea.
JackRose
JackRose

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Medals to be implemented Empty Re: Medals to be implemented

Post  Jess Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:32 pm

Loving the idea, bring it back >;] cause it is amazing Smile
Jess
Jess
Senior Officer

Number of posts : 27